Today the marching band and I just got home from New Orleans. We got there on Thursday and started the day off in the French Quarter and it was fantastic. My friends and I went shopping, to the House of Blues and I had a Beignet for the first time at Cafe du Monde. Later that evening we went on a dinner cruise where I ate delicious food, danced, and enjoy the night on the water.

On Friday, the band traveled to the WWII museum which was incredible. There were so many historical things to look at and it was fascinating! Next we went to the Riverwalk outlet mall for lunch and shopping. Our next stop took us to Mardi Gras World to see all of the old float items that artists made for floats in the past years of the parades. Before heading to dinner we watched an amazing jazz group play at Preservation Hall. For dinner we ate at Mulates which had great shrimp and fries…if I do say so myself.

Saturday (parade day), we went on a Swamp tour and saw tons of alligators, snakes, and birds. Even a raccoon named Peanut. Our tour guide was really good and very informative. I also held a baby alligator (SO COOL)! After the tour, we went back to the hotel to change into our uniforms, grabbed lunch at a nearby mall, and made our way to the starting line of the parade. The parade started at 4:30 pm and ended around 10 pm. 10 MILES in 5 1/2 hours. It was an amazing experience and during the parade I got a lot of really cool beads.

Our last day in New Orleans (Sunday), we loaded are stuff into the buses and headed to the Aquarium of the Americas. This aquarium had many different fish, some penguins, seahorse, and there was an otter. Later in the gift shop I bought a giant stuffed otter because why not? In our last hours of New Orleans, we all stopped in the French Quarter for lunch and last minute shopping. At 2:30 we all said our goodbye to New Orleans and headed home for Ohio.

This trip was a once in a life time opportunity and I am so thankful to have spent it with my amazing boyfriend and friends!!!!